They don’t want to go there
They only want to play
The game that is sucking the life from my soul.
Beauty, thinness, dark skin, colored hair
Makeup on eyebrows and artificial lashes
A chest that is perky- not too big, not too small
Clothes that are meant to reveal just enough
Pretty faces, sassy comments, and an enticing smile-
Everything’s perfect when the game is on
I don’t want to go there
I don’t want to play
The game that is fruitless and will never end
I am tired, I am done
I’ve given it all… and they’ve won
Now I see more, beyond the rules of this game
I see beauty, I see courage
I see light, joy, and love
Understanding, I see glory
I see mercy, I see grace
Resurrecting my soul from the darkest abyss,
I am open and vulnerable
I hold nothing back
Now I will live with all
of my heart,
Exploring the darkness, discovering the light
Connecting with others… deeply and fully
Reveals that we’re all
in the fight of our lives
I want to go there
I want to live!
Wholly! Completely!
I’ll give it all that I’ve got
Gloriously beautiful just as I am
For the very first time
I see me.
Comments
Post a Comment