I used to fear God. Like, FEAR God. I used to think that he was constantly watching with an iron fist ready to punish, condemn, test and try me.
Sometimes I find myself once again operating my life out of that paradigm, feeling afraid, dark and confused. Sometimes I start to believe that what I desire in life is frivolous to God.
and then...
I reflect on every experience-- every personal interaction that I have ever had with God. With Grace. With strength beyond my own. With love that feels sweeter than life. With deliverance from darkness. With tender, sweet, hand-picked experiences sent specifically for me. And it seems- from everything I have ever known- it seems that God cares deeply for me. It seems that he loves me AND my greatest desires. To me, it seems that to God, it all matters. The tiniest wishes and the grandest, highest hopes. From my observation of life, it seems that God's will might just be to encourage me. Literally to FILL ME WITH COURAGE. To guide. To delight. To remind. To sustain. It seems to me that he might just be an infinitely present parent.
All-knowing.
All-encompassing.
With all of my best interests at heart.
God may be that to me.
Comments
Post a Comment